Thursday 2 August 2012

Beaming for Bronze - Olympic Special

This is the final post in my Olympic Special series and is exploring everything beautiful and bronze!

Beauty:
OPI 'Brisbane Bronze' - £11.00 from Beauty Bay
If you look at swatches of this colour it looks like such a gorgeous bronze colour. You can also find this cheaper on eBay for £7.99 and if you search around, you can probably find it cheaper still!


Max Factor Max Effect Mini Nail Polish 'Red Bronze' - £2.99 from Superdrug
This polish is a cheaper alternative to the OPI polish. It is still a beautiful bronze colour and from swatches I have seen online, it looks like an all round amazing polish.

St Tropez Bronzing Lotion Self Tan Starter Kit - £11.75 from ASOS
This kit comes with a 'Body Polish' to prep and exfoliate the skin prior to tan application; a 'Tan Optimiser' to moisturise the skin and keep your tan looking bronzed for longer; and finally, St Tropez's classic 'Self Tan Lotion' which promises to deliver a 'long-lasting, even tan with a subtle fragrance for a natural looking glow.' This kit looks perfect to keep your skin bronzed and beautiful during the Summer months.

MUA Mosaic Bronzer 'Sunkissed Glow' - £2.50 from Superdrug
This bronzer looks extremely pretty and is a very reasonable price for a bronzer. I might even have to purchase this one for myself!!

MeMeMe Shimmer Stack 'Bronze' - £9.99 from MeMeMe Cosmetics
I was drawn to this due to its similarities to the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in 'Bronze' which is £32 from House of Fraser. This is considerably cheaper than its more expensive counterpart and the only difference I can see from photos is that the MeMeMe bronzer has slightly less shimmer than the Bobbi Brown bronzer (which I actually have). I would love to try this out and see how it compares to the Bobbi Brown product. Leave a comment if you'd be interested in seeing this!!

NARS Eyeshadow 'Fez' - £16.50 from ASOS
I have seen swatches of this product and it is a deep bronze shimmery eyeshadow that looks like it would be really nice in the crease or outer corner. It also looks dark enough to use as eyeliner if you want!

Fashion & Accessories:

Motel Bodycon Dress - £25 from ASOS
I prefer this dress to the ones I chose in my Going for Gold and Shooting for Silver posts because it is more understated and not so metallic however still with a hint of bronze. I feel like this is slightly more wearable than the gold dress but perhaps a bit less wearable than the silver dress. I just personally prefer this dress to the others. Tell me what you think and which dress is your favourite!!
Bronze Woven Tassel Duffel Bag - £17.99 from New Look
This bag looks really nice and because metallic are currently in trend, I feel like you could wear this without it being too garish and shiny. Also, from the picture on the New Look website, it looks fairly big and would be great for an everyday bag!


Orelia Facet Bead and Coin Bracelet - £6 from ASOS
I put this on here because I love how dainty and delicate this bracelet looks. It is so cute and it would be awesome for layering with other bracelets and even a watch - ARM CANDY!!!!


Bronze T-Bar Platform Court Shoes - £36 from Next
These shoes are super shiny and fairly high but would look awesome with a dress of any colour. I think you could also pair these shoes with the dress above because the dress does not have too much bronze in it.

Hope you enjoyed this post and well done to Team GB for getting their first 2 gold medals today!!!!!

Thanks for reading. xoxo


Pin It

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...